Click Sign Up at the top of the page and select Teachers Register Here.
Completing your profile
This will take you to the Primary Futures portal, where you will be asked to provide your email address, password and a few basic details. You will then be asked to select the activities that you need help with such as, Career Insights and Careers Fairs.
Once you have logged in, click on the Manage Opportunities button in the navigation bar to:
- Search for volunteers
- Create a new opportunity for your children
- Edit your opportunities and activity details.
Search for Volunteers
- You will see a map of the area around your school. You can also view volunteers as a list view.
- Volunteers will appear as pins on the map. If there are multiple volunteers in the same area, you will see coloured circles with a number showing the number of volunteers. Click on these to see the individual pins.
- Click on the pins to see a volunteer’s profile.
- Add to Selection puts them in your shortlist of potential volunteers. This does not mean you are sending them a message.
- Review shortlist & invite allows you to view their full profile and send them an invitation.
- After you’ve sent invitations you can then go back to search for more volunteers for your opportunity, invite those left in your shortlist or Make Public so that volunteers can search for opportunities at your school and register their interest.
After the Event/Activity
If accepted, once it has taken place, schools complete automated feedback forms. We ask four or five questions about how the event went. We strongly recommend that this is completed, as it allows us to quality check our volunteers and whether the service is working for both parties. We also use your feedback to report to funders, which will help to keep this service completely free to schools and volunteers.
Contact our Primary Schools Engagement Coordinator if you have any questions about how to register or how you can use Primary Futures in your school:
Jess Morley: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 566 4886